Wednesday, December 19, 2012

First Trimester- Nailed It.


Well, here I am at 14 weeks. The first trimester is officially over! Woohoo! Only 6-ish more months to go. So I thought I would wrap up with a review of all the goings on over the past few weeks.

-We found out I was pregnant on Thursday, October 11th.

-I have thrown up 0 times. I had about a week and a half of nausea starting around week 6, and there were times I wanted to throw up, but nothing actually happened.

-My only other symptoms have been headaches and some sciatica on my left side that comes and goes.

-I have gained 3 ½ pounds so far and think I finally qualify as having a “bump.”

-According to all those pregnancy-by-week websites, baby is about the size of my fist, is furry, and can pee.

-We got to hear the heart beat Week 10, and it was pretty awesome.

-Our baby stash currently includes a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles onesie, socks with dinosaurs and monkeys on them, a pink homebirth onesie, and a breast pump.

- So far we have 6 votes for it being a boy and 0 votes for girl.

-Still looking at early summer (late June, possibly early July-ish) for the big debut.

-Still no detectable movement, but it’s really early. I’m just looking forward to the baby kicking Jiminy when he tries to sleep on me. That will be fun.

-I haven’t had a whole lot of “cravings”, mostly because I get sick of something after I’ve had it two or three times. I guess the mini cravings I’ve had have included pickles (though this was before I was technically pregnant, so that might have just been me), onion rings, cocoa pebbles (I prefer Koala Krispies, but can’t find them in Tucson), sub sandwiches, and cheeseburgers.

-Pregnancy dreams have been weird. So far I haven’t had a single dream about the actual baby. In some dreams I’m pregnant and some I’m not. They are mostly just very vivid, random sequences of events.

-I’m still keeping up with my yoga and physical exercise. So far I have had to cut out lower ab work (no more leg lifts), shalabaasana, and twists are getting slightly uncomfortable.

-I bought my first belly band, the first item of maternity clothing I own. I mostly need it because my shirts have been riding up over my tummy. Luckily the bump is staying pretty high and my jeans still fit ok.

So that is pretty much it. The first trimester has been easier than I dreamed possible. It still seems kind of weird to think I am pregnant, but since my belly is getting bigger it’s becoming harder to forget. One third of the way done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment